With spring in full swing, you surely would have wanted to go on a long drive and feel the wind in your hair. Convertibles undoubtedly come to mind when one thinks about a laid-back ride across town. And this is where the Saab 9-3 Convertible Aero 2005 sedan enters the picture.
For a front-drive car, Saab 9-3 Convertible Aero 2005 is quite good at handling. But it is the potent, yet economical engines that make this one a great pick. You will find ample passenger space and more trunk room than any other rival sedans. Below is a brief rundown of some of the major highlights of this sleek, made-for-long-drive sedan.
Saab 9-3 Convertible Aero 2005: An overview
The Saab 9-3 2005 was first introduced as a four-door sedan or two-door convertible. Both styles came in three different trim levels, named:
– Arc, and
Just like linear models, Arc and Aero are also powered with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. However, unlike the 175 horsepower yielded by the linear models, the Arc and Aero utilize a high-output turbocharger that yields 210 horsepower.
Priced at around $42,600 (around 36,000 euros), the Aero convertible came with a low sport-tuned chassis. It also consisted of an exterior body kit, along with 17-inch wheels, and a tire-pressure monitor. The models also comprised a 300W, 13-speaker sound system, and leather-appointed seats. Also included is an auto-dimming interior mirror with an in-built garage door opener. Other accessories include rain-sensing wipers, rear park support, a six-disc CD changer, and a leather steering wheel. Optional accessories included heated seats and Xenon HID headlamps with washers. You can choose the top color in the standard black top or a blue one.
The 9-3 model was entirely redesigned and re-engineered in 2003. In the following year, the all-new convertible was introduced. In 2005, the line-up consisted of a linear convertible that made it cheaper to drop the top. The 2005 models of Arc and Aero also offered DVD navigation.
Features of Saab 9-3 Convertible Aero 2005
Below are some of the staples of this wonderful convertible:
- It doesn’t get better than the 9-3 convertible. This premium vehicle can seat up to four passengers. Convertible Aero 2005 is by far the best Saab 9-3 car ever manufactured.
- The vehicle is quite a pleasure to drive. The drive is quiet and seamless with the top-up. This one delivers what is very much a classic drive experience.
- Distinct from its rival convertibles, the 9-3 Saab manages to remain a contemporary model that functions without any shortcomings. The design of Saab was inspired by aircraft design components.
- After being acquired by general motors, Saab vehicles underwent some stylistic softening, which worked out great, given how it made the 9-3 a little more mainstream.
- 9-3 Convertible Aero is a concrete model, especially among the entry-level luxury segment. And even though this one does not provide super-fast reflexes or particularly decorative interiors like its other sedan counterparts, it more than makes up for it in terms of its safety measures.
Safety Features of Saab 9-3 Convertible Aero 2005
There are several noteworthy safety features in the Saab 9-3 Saab Aero Convertible:
- The convertible comes with electronic stability control or ESP.
- There is a cornering brake control system in the vehicle.
- Also present are anti-lock brakes(ABS) and electronic brake-force distribution (EBD).
- You will also find Brake Assist and traction control.
- The car is designed and engineered to assist the driver in keeping control of the car.
- Apart from the dual-stage front airbags, there are also standard dual-stage side-impact and roof-rail airbags, deployed to protect your torso and head.
- The car also comes with a standard Saab Active Head Restraint system that will spontaneously cradle your head to minimize the whiplash in the event of a rear-impact accident.
Saab 9-3 Convertible Aero 2005: The Highlights
The highlight of this vehicle is undoubtedly its suppression of torque steer. This is a feature that solves one of the most common problems that arises in front-wheel-drive vehicles. In the event of hard acceleration, the steering wheel tugs at the hands of the driver or sometimes even acts resistant to correction while turning a corner. Even though some seem to enjoy the thrill when this occurs, for others, it is a safety issue.
The ingenious minds at Saab grilled hard to erase this issue in the latest generation 9-3. With just a little bit of tugging and extremely low resistance, the engineers have successfully curbed the issue.
Moreover, Saab has taken the turbocharger technology to a level where many fail to detect that the engine is turbocharged. This is since there is extremely limited turbo lag and there is no boost gauge whatsoever to point to the fact that the engine is being turbocharged.
Scale model cars
The SAAB 9-3 Convertible Aero 2005 has never been produced at 1/18 scales and thanks to DNA Collectibles you can now find this high end model in three different colors on this page. The colors and limited series are the following:
– Lime Yellow Metallic: 399 pcs
– Black: 299 pcs
– Chili Red Metallic: 299 pcs
If you are a true Saab fan and would like to get other 1/18 scale Saab models you will find them here.
If you are looking for an almost luxury drop-top vehicle then this four-seater could be a great choice. The Saab 9-3 Convertible Aero 2005 is a great look, irrespective of whether it is open or closed. A complete joy to ride, this one provides ample comfort, alongside beautiful aesthetics. With the top-down, Saab 9-3 Aero convertible 2005 has set the bar quite high for convertibles.
Let’s have a look at this video of the Saab 9-5 Convertible in this beautiful Lime Yellow livery.